Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ottawa Police Refuse to Take Report of Aggressive Driver

I had an encounter with a honk-happy motorist today, and when I got home and called the OPS's non-emergency line to report him, I was told that they were not going to take a report. You could imagine that I was quite surprised to hear this, because on their website they proudly state:
The Ottawa Police Service looks upon driving complaints very seriously. Every incident reported is documented and a district officer assigned to the area of the complaint will follow up every traffic complaint.
When a citizen calls in with a legitimate complaint about the law being broken, the least the OPS could do is pretend to care and take a report, even if they don't have any real intention of investigating.

I was told that the person responsible for the decision not to take my report was "Call Center Supervisor Mason."

No comments:

Post a Comment